Change What You Dislike About Your Smile
At Well Being Dentistry, we can examine you in our cosmetic dentistry office and discuss what you do not like about your smile. If you have gaps between your teeth or they are misaligned, stained, or misshapen, we can fix them in our Santa Clara, CA, dental office.
There are several ways we can address most aesthetic issues. We will begin by conducting an examination, taking X-rays, discussing the timeframe we are working with, and then presenting you and your parents with a variety of options to choose from. Since some have set time constraints, it is best to schedule your appointment with our office as soon as possible. You can do so by calling (408) 244-0590.
Invisalign® to Straighten Your Teeth
If your biggest concern is that your teeth are misaligned, we can straighten them using Invisalign®. This is the best way for you to straighten your teeth if you want a more discreet alternative to traditional metal braces.
Invisalign® aligners look like plastic retainers, and they surround your teeth completely. By placing pressure on specific teeth, they gradually move them into the right position. Each aligner is worn for around two weeks before being switched out for the next one in the series, and since you can do that at home, you will spend less time at our dental office.
The main reason our teenage patients love this option is that the aligners are removable. You can take them out to eat, brush your teeth, play sports, go to a school dance, etc. This means you are in complete control of your treatment and can still enjoy being a teenager without constantly worrying about your teeth. As long as you wear the aligners for at least 20 hours a day, your treatment will progress on schedule.
When you visit our Santa Clara dental office, we can examine you and let you know how long your Invisalign® treatment will take. At Well Being Dentistry, we find the average treatment time to be around a year and a half. The good news is that if your teeth are not perfectly straight before your senior pictures, they will at least be straighter and your smile more beautiful. Since the aligners are removable, you will be able to simply take them out for your photos.
Dental Veneers to Give You a Flawless Smile
When you want a smile that rivals any Hollywood star, dental veneers are your best option. Dental veneers are thin porcelain shells bonded to the surface of your prepared teeth. They essentially replace the outer layer of your teeth, the enamel.
Once bonded in place, all you see is the veneers and not the teeth beneath them. As a result, they can be used to change the shape and size of your teeth, so your smile is symmetrical. They can also close gaps between your teeth, cover dark stains, and make your teeth appear straight, even though their actual position has not changed.
At Well Being Dentistry, we place dental veneers on a regular basis and work to produce the best results possible. During your first appointment with our Santa Clara dentist, we will make an impression of your teeth and take measurements in addition to preparing your teeth.
This requires us to remove a portion of your enamel so that when the veneers are placed, they lay flat and do not make your teeth appear overly large. We will then provide you with a set of temporary veneers to wear while the lab completes the permanent ones. In a week or two, you will need to return to our office so your final set of veneers can be bonded to your teeth.
Since several appointments are required and your teeth will be sore for a few weeks, it is recommended to schedule an appointment for around two months before your senior pictures. This way, your smile will be beautiful, and you will be used to your veneers long before stepping in front of the camera. To schedule your appointment, call (408) 244-0590.
Check out what others are saying about our dental support services on Yelp: Improve Your Smile for Senior Pictures Santa Clara
Dental Bonding to Improve the Appearance of Your Teeth
If your senior pictures are just around the corner, the fastest way to improve the appearance of your smile is with dental bonding. Unlike dental veneers, which can take a month, or Invisalign®, which can take a year, dental bonding can be completed in one appointment. This is a non-invasive procedure that is completed chairside, meaning without help from the dental lab.
When you come in for your initial consultation, we will discuss the concerns you have about your teeth and then strategize as to the best way to correct them. For example, if one tooth is longer than the rest, we could shave off a portion of it and use dental bonding to contour it. If your teeth are yellow and severely stained, we can place dental bonding material on top of them to cover these deep stains. We can even use bonding to close small gaps in between your teeth, restore teeth that have been cracked or chipped, and change their overall shape and size.
Dental bonding material is incredibly diverse because once applied to prepared teeth, we can shape it right then and there. Once it looks exactly right, we will harden it with a special dental light, and you will be on your way. You can have your senior pictures taken that week, and your smile will look amazing.
Schedule a Consultation Today
At Well Being Dentistry, we can improve your smile in time for your senior pictures. Since time is of the essence, call (408) 244-0590 to schedule an appointment with our Santa Clara, CA, dental office right away.
Questions Answered on This Page
People Also Ask
Definition of Cosmetic Dentistry Terminology
- Bleachorexia is when people continue to abuse teeth whitening solutions without consulting professionals, causing significant damage to their enamel and gums in the process.
- Carbamide Peroxide
- Carbamide peroxide is a solution that contains hydrogen peroxide and can help to whiten teeth.
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Cosmetic dentistry is a term generally used to refer to any dental work that improves the appearance (though not necessarily the function) of a person’s teeth, gums, and/or bite.
- Deeper Teeth Stains
- Deeper teeth stains are stains that require professional whitening and can result from certain foods, beverages, or improper oral hygiene.
- Dentin Hypersensitivity
- Dentin hypersensitivity is caused by the enamel wearing down on the tooth enough that the dentin is exposed. It can cause pain when a person applies pressure to the tooth or drinks hot/cold beverages.
- A dentist is a doctor who specializes in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases and conditions of the oral cavity.
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Hydrogen peroxide is a chemical compound in teeth whitening solutions.
- Relief ACP
- Relief ACP stands for amorphous calcium phosphate, which helps to relieve the pain caused by sensitive teeth. It typically comes in the form of a gel.
- Stained Dentin
- Stained dentin can result from certain foods and beverages and a lack of proper oral hygiene. Dental professionals can provide whitening treatments to brighten the teeth when the dentin is stained.
- Surface Enamel
- The surface enamel is the hard outer shell that protects the dentin and pulp of the teeth. The enamel is the surface that people see when one smiles.
- Surface Teeth Stains
- While surface teeth stains can be inevitable with age, certain foods and beverages promote discoloration and teeth stains.
- Teeth Whitening Concentrate
- Teeth whitening concentrate is a professional bleaching agent used to whiten teeth, which is more effective than store-bought products.