Orthodontics is the branch of dentistry that focuses on treating and correcting alignment problems relating to the teeth and supporting structures. Advancements in orthodontics and sleep medicine now make it possible to straighten teeth while also supporting the natural functioning of the airway. Pro-active airway centric orthodontics is a tooth and jaw realignment method that focuses on opening the airways to facilitate breathing and prevent airway issues.
Airway centric orthodontics is an approach that takes into account numerous aspects of the patient's health, including airway health and face development, to ensure that patients receive treatment for airway disorders that could otherwise go unnoticed. With this approach, we can help enhance oxygen intake and alleviate problems like snoring and sleep apnea.
Symptoms of Airway Conditions
- Ear infections regularly
- Migraines caused by a protruding lower jaw
- TMJ problems caused by misaligned teeth
- Excessive fatigue during the day
- Extreme weariness and snoring during the day
- Under-eye dark circles
- Lower jaw protrusion or retrusion
- Long chin
- Misaligned teeth or a small upper jaw
- Back and neck pain and headaches
- Teeth grinding and clenching
- High blood pressure
Why Choose Airway Centric Orthodontics?
A healthy airway helps keep your body in good health. Airway centric orthodontics treats malocclusion while also focusing on keeping the airway wide and open. In doing so, it not only helps to straighten uneven and misaligned teeth, but it also helps to enhance breathing, speaking, chewing, and body posture.
Airway centric orthodontics considers various aspects of a patient's health, such as airway health and face development, and looks beyond the teeth to the throat, nose, tongue muscles, neck, face, and rest of the body. This way, our dentists can not only realign the teeth but also restore optimal health and dental function to the patient and prevent issues like snoring and sleep apnea.
The Advantages of Airway Centric Orthodontics
When you address airway issues with interceptive orthodontics, sleep apnea treatment, or airway centric treatments, the benefits will arise in unexpected places, allowing you to perform better in all facets of life.
The main benefits of airway centric orthodontics include:
- Enjoy improved oral and overall health
- Reduce the need for complex orthodontic treatment later in life
- Promote healthy face development
- Reduce or avoid the need for jaw surgery
- Better breathing
- Lower risk of sleep apnea
- Intervention and preventive measures are critical for staying ahead of potential problems
- Clear, open airways improve sleep
- Encouragement of nasal breathing aids in the proper, natural development of the jaw structure
Airway centric orthodontic treatments are personalized for each patient based on age, dental malocclusion, and health problems. For the best care, visit Well Being Dentistry at 3993 Stevens Creek Blvd, Santa Clara, CA 95051, or call (408) 244-0590.